Scott Blass, a West Virginia Super Lawyer and a two-time West Virginia Association for Justice Member of the Year Award Winner, has been litigating complex civil cases for over 30 years. He has obtained seven-figure verdicts on behalf of his clients in diverse areas of the law; including verdicts of over $4 million in a product liability case, $8 million in an auto accident case, $1.4 million in an insurance bad faith case, and $5.7 million in a medical malpractice case. Scott has also represented the families of oil and gas workers killed in fires/explosions and obtained settlements of $18 million and $19.5 million. Scott is a past president of the West Virginia Association for Justice. He has been recognized as one of the foremost insurance bad faith and insurance coverage lawyers in West Virginia.
Scott joined Bordas & Bordas in 1992 after working for five years as an insurance defense attorney and becoming a partner at his previous firm while also gaining valuable trial experience working as an assistant prosecuting attorney in Ohio County, West Virginia, for two years.
In his career at Bordas & Bordas, Scott has handled hundreds of cases representing individuals who have suffered catastrophic injuries and damages including individuals exposed to toxic chemicals, individuals victimized by medical malpractice, individuals severely injured or killed in truck and automobile collisions, and individuals victimized by defective products. Scott regularly handles cases involving insurance bad faith, insurance agent negligence and insurance coverage issues. He is frequently called upon to lecture to other lawyers in these areas of the law. Scott has served as lead trial counsel in over three dozen jury trials in counties throughout West Virginia and Ohio.
Scott lives in the Springdale section of Wheeling with his wife Kathy, they have two sons and two granddaughters.
- $19.5 Million Settlement, Workplace Explosion, Doe v. Oil & Gas Company
- $18 Million Settlement, Workplace Injury/Wrongful Death, Phipps v. Exterran
- $8 Million Verdict, Auto Wrongful Death, Clegg v. Gaiser
- $5.76 Million Verdict, Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death, Roberts v. Murthy
- $5 Million, Insurance Bad Faith, Doe v. Insurance Company
- $4 Million Verdict, Product Liability, Strope v. Honda
- $1.5 Million Settlement, Insurance Bad Faith, Garamella v. Combined Ins.
- $1.4 Million Verdict, Insurance Bad Faith, Doe v. Insurance Company