The firm’s managing partner, Jamie Bordas spearheads Bordas & Bordas’ operations across multiple states and jurisdictions. An extremely accomplished litigator, Jamie not only runs the firm on a daily basis, but also tries cases to juries in the courtroom, argues issues before appellate courts, and negotiates settlements on behalf of clients. Jamie has negotiated and resolved many of the firm’s most complex and significant cases, including mass tort settlements of $36,500,000 and $18,500,000 and single plaintiff settlements of $19.5 Million and $18,000,000. He has also handled numerous jury trials when defendants declined to settle, including a verdict of $16.9 Million in a premises liability case involving Walmart and a verdict of over $11,500,000 in an insurance bad faith case.
Jamie works on cases involving diverse areas of law, including insurance bad faith, toxic torts, trucking crashes, personal injury, medical malpractice, oil and gas cases, business litigation and more. He has frequently been invited to speak to groups of attorneys on techniques applicable to the presenting cases at trial, as well as negotiation, mediation and resolution of cases as a result of his reputation for getting the best possible settlements for his clients. Jamie has led the firm’s expansion into Pittsburgh and the rest of Western Pennsylvania and the opening of the firm’s Gateway Center offices in downtown Pittsburgh.
Jamie also heads up much of the firm’s charitable work. He has served as president of the Board of Directors of the Wheeling YMCA for many years and has coached youth football for over two decades. Jamie is married to the former Stacy Contraguerro, also an attorney at the firm, and they have six children.
- $16.9 Million Verdict, Premises Liability, Ankrom v. Walmart
- $10 Million Verdict, Cox v. Personal Service Insurance Company
- $8 Million Settlement, Truck Accident, Smith v. Monahan
- $5.1 Million Settlement, Insurance Bad Faith, Doe v. Insurance Company
- $5 Million Settlement, Truck Accident, Doe v. Trucking Company
- $4.2 Million Settlement, Premises Liability, Doe v. Premises Owner
- $3.5 Million Settlement, Oil & Gas Royalty Dispute, Doe v. Oil & Gas Corporations
- $1.75 Million Settlement, Insurance Bad Faith, Doe v. Insurance Company
- $1.5 Million Settlement, Insurance Bad Faith, Garamella v. Combined Ins.