Tips for Staying on Budget While Holiday Shopping
With the holidays just around the corner, many of you have started shopping and are looking to find those perfect gifts without breaking your budget. This can be difficult, but not impossible. You don’t have to bust your budget or go into debt while holiday shopping. You just have to be creative and willing to try something new. There are many ways to save during your holiday shopping. Here are some helpful tips to cut back this holiday shopping season:
- Make a budget (write out names and gift ideas AND stick to it!);
- Look for discount codes to save money;
- Sign up for a store’s email list and you may be able to get a discount as a new subscriber;
- Use a cash-back credit card or a credit card that provides rewards that can be used to purchase another gift;
- Find alternative gift ideas (such as homemade gifts, or offering your expertise to help with a project);
- Draw names and set a price limit (this is helpful in large families, workplace settings, etc.);
- Talk to your family and loved ones about not exchanging gifts this year or at least discuss a price limit;
- Don’t wait until the last minute (starting early can help you avoid impulse buying and overspending);
- Don’t overspend on gift wrapping (purchase wrapping supplies at a dollar store or re-use gift bags); and
- Use cash (you are less likely to overspend).
Wishing everyone a happy and safe holiday season! Happy shopping & Merry Christmas!
There are many ways to save when holiday shopping. Check out these helpful tips to find perfect gifts without breaking your budget.