February 23rd, 2023
Spring Cleaning Tips
I normally try not to think too much about spring cleaning, but I am so ready for warmer weather that the topic has come up. I have done some research and would like to share some tips that stuck with me.
- Clean room by room so as not to get overwhelmed.
- Make a list to make sure everything gets done and to keep you on track.
- Get rid of clutter and keep a donation bin nearby for things that need to go. (I go back the next day or two because sometimes I am more apt to hang onto things I might just need one of these days.)
- Carry appropriate cleaning supplies to the rooms you are cleaning so you can’t use the excuse you’ll get to it later — which sometimes never happens.
- Have a squeegee handy in the bathroom so it can be used after every shower to make the deep cleaning easier.
- Hang shower tools to drip dry after every shower.
- Divide daily/weekly chores to family members so spring cleaning isn’t so daunting.
- Impress upon all to either hang clothes back up or put in drawers or hampers for washing instead of leaving them in the middle of the floor or even worse — on the floor right by the hamper! Put in that donation bin if the clothes aren’t not being worn.
These are just a few things that impressed me, and I am going to try to implement them to try to have a cleaner, less cluttered home. It is proven that a clean, organized home improves mood and/or attitude and makes for a happier home, which everyone needs. Hopefully these tips will help you accomplish this faster and easier.