November 10th, 2022
Winter Vehicle Maintenance is Important
Fall is here and winter is just around the corner, which will bring freezing temperatures and snowy/icy roads. Now is a great time to make sure your vehicle is ready for the winter months. It’s always important to keep your vehicle in good condition, but you also need to take into consideration the changing seasons and the differences they bring. Winter can be brutal for drivers and can be very dangerous for you and others on the road. In addition to driving safely and following the rules of the road, performing winter maintenance on your vehicle can prevent breakdowns and unnecessary collisions. Here are just some of the many helpful tips for winter vehicle maintenance, so that you are prepared for any situation.
- Inspect your tire tread and make sure they are properly inflated;
- Check your battery and make sure it is charged and in good condition;
- Replace broken wiper blades, make sure you have plenty of windshield wiper fluid, and keep an ice scraper in the vehicle;
- Check all the fluids, especially your oil and antifreeze;
- Check your lights and make sure they are working properly;
- Make sure your heater is working properly;
- Make a cold weather emergency kit (first aid supplies, blanket, food, water, gloves, hat, coat, etc….);
- Inspect your brakes and make sure they are working properly;
- Make sure your cell phone is fully charged and bring a portable power source, as well; and
- Make sure you have plenty of gas in your tank;
Hopefully, everyone has a wonderful winter and safe travels!