Stay Safe this Holiday Season
Now that the holiday season is here, more and more people are traveling to do their Christmas shopping. The public also takes part in the tradition of decorating for Christmas. While all these activities come hand in hand with the holiday season, they can often lead to an increase in injury.
This increase in injury not only stems from the increased number of auto collisions that occur with more people on the road but also from injuries stemming from decorating.
The following are steps you can take to help prevent injury or damage:
- Watch for electrical hazards.
- Place burning candles away from flammable objects.
- Follow proper ladder safety.
- Wear your seatbelt.
- Practice defensive driving.
- Keep small children and animals away from small ornaments.
- Unplug lights and décor before you go to bed.
Have a happy and safe holiday season!