Snow Day Superstitions
Who didn’t enjoy a snow day growing up?
Growing up, I would have done just about anything for a snow day. Yet I was completely unaware there are some superstitions out there to help grant that snow day. A few of my friends are teachers and they filled me in on a few rituals they do to hopefully cancel school. These superstitious rituals have no rhyme or reason nor am I sure of their success rate, but what’s the harm in trying?
From what I have been told you perform all these the night before you want snow to come:
- Wear your pajamas inside out and backwards.
- Sleep with a spoon under your pillow.
- Flush an ice cube down the toilet for every inch of snow you want.
- Place a white crayon in the windowsill.
- Sleep backwards — with your feet at the top of the bed and your head at the bottom.
- Brush your teeth with the opposite hand.