September 30th, 2022
National Homemade Cookies Day
Saturday, Oct. 1, is National Homemade Cookies Day! Did you know that the average person consumes almost 19,000 cookies in a lifetime? Crazy!
The following is a new recipe I found for pumpkin s’mores cookies I plan to try tomorrow in honor of National Homemade Cookies Day!
- ½ cup creamy unsweetened almond butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ almond flour
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to prepare:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the almond butter, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla and egg until it is well combined. In a separate bowl whisk together the almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir together. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place 2-3 marshmallows into your cookie scoop and then scoop up the cookie batter. Place them onto your baking sheet.
- Add extra chocolate chips on each cookie if desired!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove your cookies from the oven and let them cool for a couple of minutes and enjoy!
Take the time to enjoy your weekend, the beautiful fall weather and whip up some of your favorite cookies!