Bad Faith Insurance Lawyers
WV, OH, & PA Insurance LawyersInsurance companies are required by law to handle claims in good faith. When policy claims are denied without reason or settlements are delayed unnecessarily, a court may find the insurance company to be operating in bad faith. At Bordas & Bordas, we represent the rights of consumers in insurance disputes. If you have questions about the conduct of your insurer, contact a bad faith insurance attorney.
Bad faith insurance claim cases are filed when insurance companies act improperly in the handling of claims on their own policies.
Inappropriate insurance company conduct can include:
- Delayed settlement
- Refusal to make a reasonable settlement offer
- Denied claims without reasonable justification
- Refusal to provide coverage
- Refusal to pay, or promptly pay, life, health, or disability insurance policies
- Failure to handle claims fairly, reasonably, and promptly
Our attorneys, at Bordas & Bordas, have extensive experience prosecuting bad faith insurance practice claims. Our attorneys lecture on bad faith insurance practices and have served as expert witnesses in insurance litigation.
How can you tell if you have been the victim of insurance company claim-handling misconduct? Have you experienced any of the following situations with your insurance company?
- Failure to respond promptly to your inquiries
- Seemingly endless forms to provide duplicative information
- Misrepresentations in connection with the handling of your claim
- Offers to settle your claim for less than what you believe is reasonable
Have you paid for life, health, or disability insurance only to discover the insurance company will not cover your claims? If you have questions regarding the conduct of your insurance company, call or contact Bordas & Bordas for free consultation.