In the April 23, 2012 Edition of Newsweek Magazine, Jim Bordas was listed as a National Leader in Medical Malpractice.
West Virginia's 2012 edition of Best Lawyers listed Jim Bordas as one of the Best Lawyers in West Virginia for Personal Injury Litigation and listed him as West Virginia's Best Lawyer of the Year for 2012.
In 2013, Jamie Bordas was named by the State Journal as one of the Top 40 Professionals under 40 in the State of West Virginia.
In 2012, Jim Bordas, Scott Blass and Chris Regan were all listed in West Virginia Super Lawyers as the top 5% of attorneys in West Virginia. This was the sixth consecutive year for Jim and the second consecutive year for Scott.
In the October 8-14, 2010 edition of the WV State Journal, Jim Bordas was again selected as one of the WV Best Lawyers in America 2011. He was selected in two categories: medical malpractice law and personal injury litigation. Jim was one of only a handful of attorneys in West Virginia selected in more than one category. Jim was the only plaintiff lawyer selected under the category of medical malpractice law and one of the very few plaintiff lawyers selected under the category of personal injury litigation.
Other recent awards received among the attorneys in the Bordas firm include:
- Jim Bordas received the designation of being in the top ten 2014 and 2008 WV Super Lawyers for giving ordinary people an extraordinary voice.
- Jim Bordas a 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 West Virginia Super Lawyer.
- The Bordas firm was presented the 2004 Pro Bono Firm of the Year.
- Jim was named West Virginia Association for Justice Member of the Year for 2009.
- Scott Blass, a partner in the Bordas firm, was named West Virginia Association for Justice Member of the Year for 2008.
- Linda Bordas was presented the Youth Services System, Inc. Award for service and dedication to youth as she inspired others by her spirit of the Good Samaritan.
The Bordas Firm was also chosen by the Citizens of the Ohio Valley in the Intelligencer and News Register ...... in the areas of outstanding law firm.